English Teacher / Program Staff
The Link School holds a special place in my heart as the daughter of the founders, a graduate of the school, a past residential assistant, and now a full time member of the academic and program team. Link has been a major part of my life over the last fifteen years and I love the way it continues to push me, nourish me, and allow me to grow as a person.
I grew up at Adventure Unlimited Ranches where I spent all my free time romping around the mountains on horseback, or on foot. It was there that I first learned to be a self sufficient and savvy mountain woman. My parents were continuously pulling my sister and me from school to boat the western rivers, backpack and travel which fueled my desire to know more about the world and the people in it. My love of the wilderness – a love that took shape and definition while a Link School student – eventually took me into a career as a wilderness guide, which I have pursued over the last ten years. I spent a number of years living in Chile working in Patagonia in the mountains and on the rivers and most recently I spent six months in Antarctica where I learned a lot about resilience and perseverance. My greatest passion is leading people (especially women) in activities that are outside their comfort zone and giving them the resources and the support they need to discover their own strength.
In tandem with my love for the wilderness I hold an equally passionate relationship with the written word. I recently finished my graduate degree in creative writing and am currently pursuing my teacher licensure. Between my formal education, the guiding experience and credentials I hold, and my past experience as a Link student and staff I feel uniquely equipped to engage with and give into this community. I am thrilled that my journey has now come full circle and that I find myself back at Link for another year of exploration and growth.
- BA, Fort Lewis College, Creative Writing
- Masters of Fine Arts, Goddard College, Creative Non Fiction
- Teacher Licensure, TESL, Teaching English as a Second Language
- Christian Science Class Instruction and active church member.
Certifications & Program Credentials
- Licensed and Certified Whitewater River Guide
- Swiftwater Rescue Tech Certified
- Class III kayaker, Class IV raft guide: including rivers world wide
- Mountaineering Guide & Climbing Instructor
- American Mountain Guide Association (AMGA) rock courses and Single Pitch Instructor
- Wilderness First Responder
- Search & Rescue Team Member
- High Angle Rescue Certified
- Avalanche Tech Level 1
- Ropes Course Supervisor Certification
- 5.10 rock climber
- Hiked the 3000 mile Continental Divide Trail as a family in 2006
- World Travels: decades of trips abroad to explore, boat, and climb extensively
- Ocean Rescue Certified
- Horsemanship Instructor